Covid-19 FAQ– As of March 2021
Based on the current government guidelines, the Morningside Arena is working to the published roadmap. The roadmap is currently at step three.
The Morningside Arena has been accredited as a Covid Secure venue and has implemented the most rigorous processes and procedures during behind closed doors and televised events throughout the lockdown, and have completed extensive refurbishments, to enhance and incorporate these.
For more information on the work done during our refurbishment CLICK HERE.
What Covid-19 safety measures are in place?
- In England the legal requirement for wearing a facemask has ended. But government says it “expects and recommends” the continued wearing of masks in crowded areas
- Temperature checks will be randomly taken and anyone with a temperature of 37.8 degrees and above will not be allowed into the Arena
- The Arena operates a track and trace system through our ticketing partner Total Tickets. Our policy is to take details from attendees and guests
- A keep left operation throughout the Arena to minimise crossover
- The Arena is deep cleaned after each event, as well as cleaning and sanitisation throughout the day
- Please follow any Arena signs and procedures
- The Arena is set up so there is at least 1 metre between customers whilst seated
- Staggered arrival times may be issued to reduce congregation and queue times
- One way systems are in use throughout the Arena
- Covid signage has been put up both inside and outside the venue
How will social distancing be maintained?
- The Arena is set up so there is at least 1 metre between all customer parties whilst seated during an event.
- One way queue systems will be in place throughout the Arena
Does the Arena Operate a track and trace system?
- The Morningside Arena operates a track and trace system through our ticketing partners Total Tickets.
- Everyone who enters the Arena must provide their details and be scanned into the venue.
How do I book tickets for events?
- Tickets for events can either be purchased through Total Tickets on the Arena website or through the event promoter’s sales outlet
- There will be no box office available on the day of the event; all tickets must be purchased in advance
Do I have to wear a facemask when visiting the Arena?
- Facemasks must be worn by customers in crowded areas as per government advice, at all times, inside the Arena
Can I bring a bag to an Event?
- We ask customers to not bring bags into the Arena unless required for medical reasons, with the increased Covid-19 safety measures in place bag checks will further delay your entrance to the venue
- There are no cloakroom facilities available
Is there hand sanitiser available in the Arena?
- Both mobile and fixed hand sanitation stations are located throughout the Arena.
- We are also happy for you to bring your own sanitiser into the Arena.
Are toilets open?
- Toilets will be open on event days.
- We have added additional toilets since being closed due to Covid-19
Am I able to buy food and drink within the venue?
- Food and drink will be available for purchase from our Café on non-Event days or at our various stations on Event days.
Am I able to purchase and collect tickets from the Arena?
- All tickets must be purchased online via the Arena’s Total Tickets system.
- We ask that you please arrive at the Arena with either an E-ticket or a printed out ticket, ready to be scanned
Is there onsite parking available?
- Due to queuing requirements due to Covid-19, unfortunately on Event days there is no on-site parking
- There are numerous car parks within a short walk of the Arena, CLICK HERE for more information
Is the Morningside Arena a cashless venue?
- The Morningside Arena is not a cashless venue; however, card payment is preferable.
Can I bring food and drink into the Arena?
- No external food or drink is allowed into the Arena
Am I allowed to leave and then re-enter the Arena during an event?
- The Arena operates a no re-admission policy; if you leave the venue for any reason you will not be allowed to re-enter.
Does the Morningside Arena have a smoking area on event days?
- Unfortunately we are unable to provide a smoking area on all event days
If you have any further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or check out our detailed Venue Safety Plan.
Our Covid Secure FAQs will next be reviewed in April 2021, in line with the latest government guidelines.
Check out our gallery to view the changes made to the Arena, keep your eyes out for more photo and video content coming soon.