Covid-19 FAQ– As of March 2021
Based on the current government guidelines, the Morningside Arena is working to the published roadmap. The key dates in the roadmap for the Arena are:
- Anticipated 12th April 2021 at the earliest for under 18 organised sessions for groups of 30 or below,
- Anticipated 17th May 2021 at the earliest for Events of up to 1000 people, under 18 or adult organised sessions, and
- Anticipated June 21st 2021 at the earliest for Events greater than 1000 people, subject to the outcome of the scientific events research programme being covered by the government.
The Morningside Arena has been accredited as a Covid Secure venue and has implemented the most rigorous processes and procedures during behind closed doors and televised events throughout the lockdown, and have completed extensive refurbishments, to enhance and incorporate these.
For more information on the work done during our refurbishment CLICK HERE.
What Covid-19 safety measures are in place?
- Facemasks must be worn by customers at all times, entering and leaving the arena and during customers stay, except eating or drinking. Those exempt from wearing a facemask must inform staff on arrival at the Arena.
- Temperature checks are mandatory on arrival at the Arena. Anyone with a temperature of 37.8 degrees or higher will not be allowed to enter the Arena.
- The Arena operates a track and trace system through out ticketing partners Total Tickets. Everyone who enters the Arena must provide their details and be scanned into the venue.
- A keep left system is in operation throughout the Arena to minimise the crossover of people.
- There are sanitiser stations throughout the Arena
- The Arena is deep cleaned after each event, as well as cleaning and sanitisation throughout the day.
- Covid signage has been put up both inside and outside the venue
How will social distancing be maintained?
- The Arena is set up so there is at least 1 metre between all customer parties whilst seated during an event.
- Customers must only book tickets for seats adjacent to members of their household or support bubble
- Staggered arrival times prior to each event will be issued in order to reduce congregation and queue times
- One way queue systems will be in place throughout the Arena
Does the Arena Operate a track and trace system?
- The Morningside Arena operates a track and trace system through our ticketing partners Total Tickets.
- Everyone who enters the Arena must provide their details and be scanned into the venue.
How do I book tickets for events?
- Tickets for events can either be purchased through Total Tickets on the Arena website or through the event promoter’s sales outlet
- There will be no box office available on the day of the event; all tickets must be purchased in advance
Do I have to wear a facemask when visiting the Arena?
- Facemasks must be worn by customers, at all times, inside the Arena, except when eating or drinking
- Those exempt from wearing a facemask must wear a valid exemption pass.
Can I bring a bag to an Event?
- We ask customers to not bring bags into the Arena unless required for medical reasons, with the increased Covid-19 safety measures in place bag checks will further delay your entrance to the venue
- There are no cloakroom facilities available
Is there hand sanitiser available in the Arena?
- Both mobile and fixed hand sanitation stations are located throughout the Arena.
- We are also happy for you to bring your own sanitiser into the Arena.
Are toilets open?
- Toilets will be open on event days.
- There will be a maximum number of people allowed at any one time in the toilets, and a one in one out policy in place. Stewards will be on hand to assist.
- We have added additional toilets since being closed due to Covid-19
Am I able to buy food and drink within the venue?
- Food and drink will be available for purchase from our Café on non-Event days or at our various stations on Event days.
- Queues will be in place and we ask that only one member of your party attends the bar or food stations at any one time.
- Items purchased must be consumed at your seats.
Am I able to purchase and collect tickets from the Arena?
- The Arena’s box office is closed on both Event and non-Event days.
- All tickets must be purchased online via the Arena’s Total Tickets system.
- We ask that you please arrive at the Arena with either an E-ticket or a printed out ticket, ready to be scanned
Is there onsite parking available?
- Due to queuing requirements due to Covid-19, unfortunately on Event days there is no on-site parking
- There are numerous car parks within a short walk of the Arena, CLICK HERE for more information
Is the Morningside Arena a cashless venue?
- The Morningside Arena is not a cashless venue; however, card payment is preferable.
Can I bring food and drink into the Arena?
- No external food or drink is allowed into the Arena
Am I allowed to leave and then re-enter the Arena during an event?
- The Arena operates a no re-admission policy; if you leave the venue for any reason you will not be allowed to re-enter.
Does the Morningside Arena have a smoking area on event days?
- Unfortunately we are unable to provide a smoking area on all event days
If you have any further questions, please email email@example.com or check out our detailed Venue Safety Plan.
Our Covid Secure FAQs will next be reviewed in April 2021, in line with the latest government guidelines.
Check out our gallery to view the changes made to the Arena, keep your eyes out for more photo and video content coming soon.